Just traumatized my tongue, using a nuclear jalapeno with bryanasortino
Feedback for Apple’s iOS design team
You’ve tried recruiting me a number of times, but I’ll never work there. I still love your products and I want them to be better, so here’s my feedback on iOS 8 Beta, which I put together while eating a burger.
- What happened to inertia attached to the swipe gesture for Control Center and Notification Center? It actually vanished in one of the 7.x releases and is a huge step backwards. Feels very clunky.
- The radial menu animation when using the single input control for sending photos/videos feels realllllly mushy. Takes twice as long as it needs to open and close.
- When you are in the multitasking view and swipe away an active app, the avatars of recent contacts merely fade out. This feels like it breaks the spatial model already established. They should move out of the way at least. Anything but fade. It feels like a lazy solution.
- Contextual zooming in and out of an app in springboard feels way snappier. Timing is better. Nice job.
- Camera.app icon is still an eyesore.
- Master-Detail view animations don’t animate the header in a fashion that is consistent. Some elements fade, some slide.
Maybe I’ll make a video about all of this.